At Pact Recruit Ltd (“Pact Recruit”) we take matters such as protecting the confidentiality of our clients and candidates seriously, and with this in mind we adhere to the following Privacy Statement.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
DefinitionsPersonal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data. Data subject - a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed. Child - a natural person under 16 years of age. We/us (either capitalized or not) – Pact Recuit
General Privacy Terms
- English law and jurisdiction applies with respect to the content of this site and the information submitted. In particular we recognise and address our obligations under the provisions of the Data Protection Act (1998). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (1998), the data controller is Pact Recruit.
- Except as set out herein and where required or permitted by law or a court of competent jurisdiction, we will not reveal any personal data about you to any third party.
- You consent to us processing your information for the purposes of providing you with our services and maintaining our records. You also consent to your data being disclosed to any person, firm or company to whom we sell the whole or a substantial part of our business or to whom we may transfer any part of our rights or obligations.
- Certain links contained within this website may lead to external servers and sites which are maintained by third parties unconnected to Pact Recruit, over which we have no control. We can accept no responsibility or liability in respect of any material contained within those sites or servers.
- Processing may take place via electronic means using the Internet and may involve transfer overseas to countries outside the European Economic Area, which do not have equivalent laws relating to data protection.
- To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for any consequential loss or loss of business opportunities, or loss of profits) howsoever arising and whether in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the site or its contents, or from any action or omission taken as a result of using the site or its contents.
- Where the site contains advertising submitted by third parties, please note that those advertisers are responsible for ensuring that the material submitted for inclusion on the site complies with all legal requirements.
- We are unable to offer any guarantee that the contents of the site are free from viruses or similar which have destructive or contaminating properties and shall therefore have no liability in respect thereof. We regularly check the site for viruses using the leading proprietary virus checking software.
- At present, the option of storing candidates CV’s within our database exists, and at this time no option exists for third parties to access this database. If a decision is made to change this aspect of the site then we will seek your consent first. While all reasonable security measures have been implemented, we are unable to accept responsibility for intrusion by third parties acting illegally.
Data Protection PrinciplesWe promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject's rightsThe Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gatherInformation you have provided us with This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Publicly available information We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal DataWe use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be our legitimate interest. With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
Who else can access your Personal Data We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with: We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your dataWe do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur. If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
ChildrenWe do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don't collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don't have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies - these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies - these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.