Pact are delighted to be supporting a client that we have been partnering closely with over the last few years that is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to work closely with the technology team in developing and transforming their technology platform across the business.
Historically, most projects have been waterfall in nature; however, the business now wants to adopt a more agile approach where appropriate. This role will play a major role in defining and implementing the future way of working when it comes to change and project management in general.
The Senior Project Manager will manage a backlog of technology changes via a multi-disciplinary, highly skilled team. You will be adept at understanding complex scenarios with the ability to break requirements into clear timebound deliverables.
What you will be doing…
- Play a role in defining and implementing the future way of working
- Managing the workload and prioritisation of the newly formed multidisciplinary technology team
- Work with the product owners to define the roadmap for specific products
- Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning process – prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team
- Ensuring transparency on team activities including sprints, velocity, risks, team, and stakeholder engagement
- Ensuring quality is driven into all aspects of the delivery lifecycle and defects are driven out as early as possible
- Deliver projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning, and iterating frequently
- Collaborate daily with PMO and Operational Excellence Team to ensure complete alignment across the Change Plan
- Define, develop, and manage best-in-class testing capability
What we are looking for…
- Proven experience of developing new formed technology teams and embedding best practice
- Proven experience in delivering digital projects and products
- Experience using a range of agile and waterfall project management methods
- Experience in balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity
- Understanding backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition
- High level of personal drive and energy to set and achieve short and longer-term targets
- Excellent collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to quickly understand problems, articulate them and propose solutions
- A willingness to embrace challenge and work within an evolving changing environment
If the above opportunity sounds of interest and you have the relevant skills and experience, please forward your CV to Pact via the link provided. Thanks!