BI Developer (Ref: 2357)
£40,000 – £45,000 + Benefits
Pact are delighted to be working with a returning client, that is looking for an experienced BI Developer to join their growing BI function.
The client is going through a period of growth and transformation and needs people who are willing to bring fresh ideas and new ways of working in order for the business to improve in the future.
There is a real opportunity to be part of a team that is going to be delivering some real change to their BI & Insight capability which will lead to real benefit for the wider business.
The BI Developer will assist in continuous high-quality data-management across the operation.
Assist in identifying and implementing appropriate tools and techniques to enable transactional data to be transformed into a consumable information that can be analysed by the business and inform decision-making.
- Support the Business Intelligence Manager to build and manage the BI platform so that business data analysis requirements can be retrieved, stored and viewed efficiently
- Support department data initiatives which help to inform the overall strategic direction of the business
- Mine large data, providing management information and reports in a format that the business can consume to inform decision making
- Constantly review the way data is processed in the business, looking for way to improve running times and efficiency
- To be an advocate of data governance activities, policies and procedures
- Assist with the resolution of known data issues, ensuring root causes are identified and sustainable solutions are developed and implemented
- Previous experience working within a BI role and data quality management concepts
- Experience in writing complex T-SQL (Transact SQL) stored procedures
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014/16 server side development including (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Understanding and appreciation of the complexities of data warehousing
- Detailed data analysis and presentation skills
- Experience of working with Power BI.
If the above opportunity sounds of interest and you have the skills required, please send your CV by applying via the link provided. Thanks!