BI Developer Lead (Ref: 2358)
£45,000 – £50,000 + Benefits
Pact are delighted to be working with a returning client, that is looking for an experienced BI Developer Lead to join their growing BI function.
The client is going through a period of growth and transformation and needs people who are willing to bring fresh ideas and new ways of working in order for the business to improve in the future.
There is a real opportunity to be part of a team that is going to be delivering some real change to their BI & Insight capability which will lead to real benefit for the wider business
The BI Developer Lead will lead a team of developers that are responsible for the optimal performance of MIBI data processing platforms, including code optimisation and capacity management.
You will help drive the vision of data within the business and ensure the team delivery of a robust data warehousing solution to the business.
- Support the Data & Insight Manager to build BI platform so that the business’s data analysis requirements can be retrieved, stored and viewed efficiently
- To support the Data & Insight Manager to define the data warehousing strategy and timeline
- Work with the Data & Insight Manager to adopt fully Power BI into the business
- 70% Development role, with 30% management of the BI Developers
- Oversee and maintain data dictionaries and models on a regular basis
- Manage day to day development lifecycle to facilitate reporting and BI development within the team, to ensure documentation is up to data and reflects current business rules and definitions
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a BI Developer role, leasing a BI Developer team as part of your responsibilities
- Experience in writing T-SQL
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014/16 server-side development including (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- 3-5 years’ experience in using Power BI
- Team management experience of up to 6 people
- Lead and motivate a team of skills BI Developers
- Strong MSBI stack skill set and knowledge
- Experience of data warehousing and database administration
If the above opportunity sounds of interest and you have the skills required, please send your CV by applying via the link provided. Thanks!