PACT is delighted to be working with a leading customer-centric brand who have a highly desirable opportunity not to be missed! We are looking for an experienced Lead Forecasting Analyst for a fast-growing WFM function.
The result of their continued growth is that they need YOU! So, read on if you are a Lead Forecasting Analyst with experience! If you are not, then check out our other jobs here (pactrecruit.com/jobs) – we are also looking for people in other Resource Planning and MI positions!
One of the biggest growth areas for our client is within the Customer Operations department and with that growth comes the need for a new Lead Forecasting Analyst which is where you come in. This business continues to lead the way as an industry leader in their respected field and there is a huge opportunity for someone joining the business to further your career and have a real impact on their success.
What the job is:
As the Lead Forecasting Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting project-based contact centre change plans, what-if analysis, budget rounds, and any other ad-hoc planning/analysis work required.
The Forecasting and Planning team has frequent requests for information, analysis and change plans from around the business. It also has weekly and monthly deliverables and timeframes that must be maintained irrespective of external constraints. However, it is essential that those external constraints are incorporated into the production environment in a timely manner.
Is this the job for you?
You will be a Senior Forecasting Analyst or Capacity Planning Analyst and have done a Forecasting role for at least three years within a Contact Centre environment (extra points if you have experience working within a back-office environment) and have been great at it and all that being a Senior Forecasting Analyst involves.
Some bullet points about you:
- Numerate and analytical, developed a mixture of simple & sophisticated forecasting models requiring collaboration and involvement from a wide range of contacts within distributed organisations
- Be fluent in the production of enterprise-wide headcount models, integrating varying efficiencies, schedule efficiencies, service levels, and contact routing architectures.
- Experience of building, presenting, and defending multi-million-pound budgets is essential
- The candidate will have experience of implementing forecasts and headcount models into operational reality, working with recruitment, training and operational teams to deliver to plan
- MUST have used Erlang C in previous roles to an expert level
- Ideally, the candidate will have worked in a contact centre planning team but may have transferable experience in other planning environments
- Excellent Excel skills and knowledge
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
For more info on this opportunity please contact Deren Zaghlul at Pact or apply via the link provided.